A Vital Link in Europe
Eurotunnel makes an important contribution to the economic vitality of Europe, by bringing people, business and culture together:
- The Channel Tunnel is the fastest, easiest and most reliable way to cross the Channel
- The Fixed Link is the only cross-Channel service open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Eurotunnel is to date the only operator on the Short Straits to have published a carbon footprint report since 2007 and offers by far the most environmentally-friendly cross-Channel service.
World leader in piggyback transport
Eurotunnel operates and directly markets Shuttle services through the Tunnel:
- Eurotunnel Le Shuttle transports cars, coaches, motorcycles and camper-vans and their passengers onboard its 9 Passenger Shuttles between Folkestone and Coquelles.
- Eurotunnel Le Shuttle Freight enables HGVs to cross the Channel on board its 18 Truck Shuttles, with one departure every 8 minutes on average.
Eurotunnel, which holds the Channel Tunnel Concession until 2086, also offers a Railway Network to operators and manages safely and efficiently the circulation of the following services:
- High-speed Eurostar passenger trains
- Rail freight trains.
million people travelled through the Tunnel in 2019
of trade in goods between the UK and continental Europe
trains used the Channel Tunnel in 2019
- A strong and lasting territorial rooting in the Kent and Calais regions
- Teams skilled in managing complex infrastructures and railway jobs
- A range of services helping to meet environmental challenges
- A corporte culture based on ethics, joint commitment and customer value
- The cross-Channel Fixed Link, the fastest and the most environmentally-friendly way to cross the Short Straits between the United Kingdom and continental Europe
- A very long-term Concession (until 2086) with a secure legal framework.
Our promises to customers
- SAFE: never compromise on safety
- GREEN: provide eco-responsible services
- SMART: digitalise to provide an enhanced experience for the well-being of people
- PREMIUM: offer a unique and high-quality travel experience and services.